Here Are Pakistan’s 5 Best Selling Cars in March 2021
Pakistan has Asia's fastest-growing vehicle sector. Between 2014 and 2018, output and sales increased by 171 percent and 172.5 percent, respectively, thanks to the Automotive Development Policy, which was implemented in 2016. Pakistan has the world's sixth-largest population and a rapidly expanding middle class. As of 2018, there are around 17 million middle-class homes and 102 million middle-class people. According to figures issued yesterday by the Pakistan Automotive Manufacturers Association (PAMA), Pakistan's auto sector has made a phenomenal rebound following last year's recession, with automobile sales jumping
With the economy resuming its normal course, demand for automobiles is at an all-time high, although some vehicles are in higher demand than others. Here is the list of the top 5 bestselling cars of 2021:
1. Suzuki Alto
Without any doubt, the automobile of the next generation. On both ends, the automobile is stunning. First and foremost, the car's engine is cutting-edge technology that prioritizes fuel economy. This is fantastic news, particularly for future generations. Second, the car's proportions are similar to those of the Suzuki Mehran. Its design, on the other hand, is significantly more futuristic. It doesn't seem like you're in a little car while you're inside; there's plenty of legroom and headroom. When sat in the driver's seat, everything on the dashboard is within easy reach.
The car's components are crammed into a small space under the hood. The Alto 2019 is powered by a 660cc 3-cylinder r series engine that produces up to 39 horsepower and 56 Nm of torque. AGS (Auto Gear Shift) and ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is also included. Many individuals believe the automobile is underpowered. It's crucial to keep in mind that you're not piloting a spaceship. The alto 2019 is best suited to 660cc engines. Even with four passengers in the car, it has a nice pick. When you put your foot down, the automobile reacts immediately.
- The automobile has an auto gear shift, which is a manual gearbox with an auto motor that changes the gear. One can, however, drive manually. There are five speeds in the gearbox. The gear shifts at a very low RPM, which is in line with the objective of fuel efficiency. When passing another vehicle, the AC turns off automatically when the car is floored, allowing for maximum power. When you take your foot off the pedal, the compressor will automatically turn back on.
- After years of speculation about whether the new Suzuki Alto would be able to replace the Mehran in terms of sales, the Alto has finally found its niche. PSMC has been producing the little hatchback in large quantities and selling them like hotcakes since the beginning of the year, with no indications of slowing down in recent months. PSMC sold a staggering 4,745 units of the Alto in March 2021, a phenomenal YoY rise of 436.8% and a MoM gain of 11.8 percent, making it the best-selling car in Pakistan for the third month in a row since the start of the New Year.
2. Toyota Yaris:
Take a glance at the current Corollas, CH-Rs, or even Camry for examples of Toyota's bold, daring, and eccentric designs. They frequently include sharp lines, tacky bodywork, flashing creases, and strangely shaped head and tail lamps.
The Yaris' roof features a wavy shape, which Toyota claims enhances structural strength, increasing driving dynamics and making the car safer in the event of a rollover.
- Despite negative reviews when it was first introduced in Pakistan, the Yaris has been a top seller in the country for a long time, outselling the Honda City and Civic combined for numerous months in a row, which is an incredible performance. In March 2021, Toyota IMC sold 3,317 Yaris cars, a 29.3% rise over the previous month, making it the month's second best-selling vehicle.
The GLi MT 1.3, GLi CVT 1.3, ATIV MT 1.3, ATIV CVT 1.3, ATIV X MT 1.5, and ATIV X CVT 1.5 are projected to be among the six Yaris models. The Yaris' basic model is powered by the same 1299cc four-cylinder 2NZ-FE engine found in the XLi and GLi, although it weighs 1105kg instead of 1275kg. As a result, fuel efficiency and performance should both improve significantly. The 2NR FE 1496cc four-cylinder petrol engine, which generates 107hp at 6,000rpm and 140Nm of torque at 4,200rpm, is the star of the show.
- Power steering, power front, and back windows, keyless entry, push-button ignition, ABS, EBD, braking assist, 3 airbags, engine immobilizer, and a radio head unit with front and rear speakers, as well as a digital LCD multimeter and trip odometer, are all standard on the J model.
- Multifunction steering wheel controls, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, acoustic and vibration controlled glass, drive mode selector, SRS front, rear, side, and curtain airbags, a 4.2-inch LCD infotainment system, front and rear fog lamps, and 15-inch alloy wheels are all included in the G trim.
- Automatic headlights, cruise control, a rear camera with front and back parking sensors, 6 speakers, a 7.0-inch LCD infotainment system, and rain-sensing wipers are all included in the V specification. Height-adjustable front seat belts, a navigation system, steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles, tire pressure monitor, vehicle stability control program, hill-start assist, leather seats, electrically adjustable seats, and daytime running LED lights are all included in the top-of-the-line VX trim.
3. Toyota Corolla:
The Toyota Corolla is a fantastic automobile that never lets you down. It continues getting better, with exciting new features that make every road trip pleasurable and amusing. The 2020 Toyota Corolla is completely redesigned on the inside and out. This tiny car is the one for you, from the spectacular new appearance that is lower and broader to the all-new roomy inside that is packed with innovative technology and comfort amenities for every passenger.
- Despite being intended solely for Pakistan's higher socioeconomic level, the Toyota Corolla remains one of the top five best-selling vehicles in the country, owing to its high reliability, ease of ownership and maintenance, and high resale value. In March 2021, Toyota IMC sold 2,126 Corollas, a YoY rise of 1.8 percent and a relatively significant MoM gain of 80.6 percent, making it the third best-selling car of the month.
In the 2020 Toyota Corolla, power and performance go hand in hand. With a standard 1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVT-i), an available 2.0L Dynamic Force engine producing 169 horsepower with Dynamic Shift-CVT, and an available 6-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) with close-ratio gears, it's easy to see why.
From the front to the back, the exterior is stunning, with eye-catching design aspects. The black front grille with sport mesh insert and standard LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are located in the front. Choose from a dynamic front fascia that includes a honeycomb mesh grille and 18-inch machined alloy wheels. A sunroof, leather-wrapped steering wheel, 8-inch touch-screen display, soft-touch upholstery, and piano-black accents are among the interior options available. The 2020 Toyota Corolla comes standard with a 60/40 split fold-down back seat.
4. Suzuki Cultus:
The AGS technology, or Automated Manual Transmission, is standard on the Suzuki Cultus AGS that is an invention that provides clients with comfort and convenience of driving while maintaining high fuel efficiency. AGS-enabled vehicles use a two-pedal system. They lack a clutch pedal, decreasing the stress and strain of driving in congested urban areas. On the drive, the sophisticated AGS allows you to easily transition between automatic and manual mode. Two-pedal gearbox became more inexpensive because of AGS technology, which provided fuel economy comparable to a manual gearbox. As a result, you enjoy the convenience of an automatic transmission without sacrificing fuel efficiency thanks to AGS technology.
AGS Technology provides your automobile with unrivaled performance and unsurpassed mileage, in addition to driving comfort. AGS Technology-equipped automobiles are also extremely affordably priced, in addition to these exceptional features. Customers may explore a whole new world of technology with AGS models at extremely low prices.
- Due to production-related difficulties, the PSMC struggled to keep up with the growing demand for Cultus in the market toward the end of 2020, causing the firm to suffer large losses at the time. The automobile has been selling in significant quantities now that the PSMC's production factory is up and running. PSMC sold 1,637 units of the Cultus in March 2021, a YoY increase of 130.6 percent and an MoM gain of 10.3 percent, making it the month's fourth best seller across Pakistan.
Crush-able zones for impact absorption, a frame that disperses impact energy, and a super-strong cabin are all part of the Total Effective Control Technology (TECT) body structure, which is designed for occupant protection and minimal weight. The body is made up of a lot of high-tensile and ultra-high-tensile steel, which makes it light and crash-worthy.
5. Suzuki Wagon R
The Suzuki Wagon R is a competent family hatchback that is ideal for city driving. It is easy to maneuver in the city due to its compact size. Its fuel-efficient engine makes it cost-effective to operate daily. Summers are made tolerable with a decent air conditioning system. The car's boxier design makes it easier to transport bags and other objects. Furthermore, thanks to Suzuki's extensive dealership network, this car's maintenance is simple and inexpensive. Spare components are also readily available locally.
Finally, the Wagon R has a thriving secondhand vehicle market and is easily swapped. This is owing to the public's widespread acceptance and popularity.
- The Wagon R had excellent sales results of 1,259 units sold, up from 310 the previous year, resulting in a MoM gain of 54.7 percent and a YoY gain of a whopping 306.1 percent. These extraordinary numbers have propelled it into the top five best-selling books of March 2021.
- In comparison to comparable hatchbacks such as the Suzuki Cultus and FAW V2, the general outward appearance is boxier. Pearl red, solid white, graphite grey, sand beige, silky silver, and ultra-pearl black are the six exterior colors offered for the Wagon R. Steel wheels are standard on the VXR model, while alloy wheels are standard on the VXL variant. Door visors, rear upper spoiler, side body molding, side under spoiler, rear under spoiler, front under spoiler, and fog lights are among the external extras available. Fog lights are accommodated in the front bumper.
- The Wagon R has an electronic power steering system that is smooth and easy to use. This car's air conditioning is adequate and comparable to that seen in larger cars such as the Toyota Corolla. Both the front and back passengers have plenty of headroom thanks to the car's boxier design. The VXR's seat upholstery material is beige, while the VXL's is black. Both variants had single-folding rear seats.